Nearing my 67th birthday, I’d like to share a collection of the fundamental lessons I’ve learned along the way.
- Appreciating the Human Mindscape ~ Physical Reality divide.
- I am a self-aware introspective element in the Pageant of Evolution.
- We create our Gods from within ourselves.
- We cannot understand an organism, or system for that matter, without understanding its environment.
- Consciousness is the inside reflection of our body, interacting with itself, along with the environment and circumstance it's embedded within.
- An appreciation for Deep Time, billions of years worth, and Earth, the dance of geology & biology unfolding one day at a time, and that it produced me, along with all other wonders.
- There is no Body-Mind Problem, it is in actuality an Ego-God Problem.
- My body has taken better care of me, than I have of it.
- Consciousness is the product of Earth's biology, of interacting and living, when we die consciousness ceases like a light bulb that’s lost its power. All that awaits us is the deep dark eternal sleep from which none awake, and it is good.
- Yes, it is good, live your blessed moment while you have it to live, the universe doesn’t owe you anything.
- Our after-life unfolds within the hearts and minds of others, and it is good.
- We need each other to keep ourselves honest.
Bringing it back to Earth Centrism
Recorded December 2019
Recorded ~April, 2019
Furthermore, for the record:
- A woman’s life is more important than a fetus’s life. Period !
- A fetus is a “human potentiality.” Only after it takes its first gulps of air does the little being take on the mantle of personhood.
- Infanticide and abortion to protect the living are as old as society! (why it matters, see Dobbs v Jackson)
Hate to turn it political but politics matter!
Still looking to connect with people for whom these ideas resonate.
If we aren't changing minds we are losing.
citizenschallenge at gmail